Edinburgh airport is just four miles away for both internal (UK) and International flights. A shuttle bus runs from directly outside the arrivals terminal to just outside the hotel and costs £3.50 single journey, or can be pre-booked online at a cost of £6 return. See the Web site at http://www.flybybus.com/timetable.php for booking and timetable.
The hotel is four miles from the centre of Edinburgh and Waverley train station. Some mainline trains may also stop at Haymarket station which is a little closer still. Bus routes numbers 26, 31 and 12 go from both stations to outside the hotel and cost £1.20 single journey.
Expect a taxi from the airport to cost around £12 and from Waverley train station, £10.
For those who wish to arrive by car, there is on-site car parking. The hotel is accessed from the M8 by following signs for Edinburgh Zoo.
Satnav co-ordinates - Latitude = 55.9435, Longitude = -3.2675
Delegates CostsCost: The cost per person for the three days, from Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
Total cost for delegates staying at the Holiday Inn (i.e. to include three nights accommodation and three days Conference fees)
- £240 if sharing a twin or double room
- £367.50 if staying in an individual room.
- £110 for a day delegate, Friday to Sunday (i.e. three days, without accommodation)
- £80 for a delegate attending two days
- £50 for delegates only able to attend one day
- Shared accommodation in an en-suite double or twin-bedded room
- Buffet lunch
- Free Internet access in conference centre
- Unlimited tea, coffee and water throughout conference hours
- Buffet lunch
- Unlimited tea, coffee and water during conference hours
- Internet access in conference centre
- Breakfast: a full Scottish breakfast at the hotel will cost £13.50 per person per day. However, the planning group is also considering other possibilities which will be announced closer to the time.
- Evening meals can either be taken at the hotel, or delegates can go out to enjoy nearby Edinburgh. Delegates will have a list of tried and tested eating places both close to the hotel and in the city centre. If theres enough interest, a Scottish night will be organized.
- Internet access in bedrooms: delegates can choose to activate Internet access but this is at an additional cost of £15 per day per room.
Delegates requiring any assistance with special needs dietary or otherwise are asked to contact Cath Andrews at www.explore-italian-culture.com, who will ensure the appropriate facilities are made available.
Delegates Reservations At Hotel And Conference
Please note that we have had to limit the availability of places at this Conference to 50 and we have already had a lot of interest expressed so, if you want to come, its important that you register as soon as possible. You will not incur any costs at this point apart from a non-refundable deposit of £30 see below. There are three steps to register for this years European Conference which is being held in Edinburgh, Scotland, from the evening of Thursday 10th to the afternoon of Sunday 13th June.
Step 1 : Book accommodation.
There are two ways to book your accommodation.
a. Call (0044 if from outside UK) (0)871 942 9026. Calls are charged at 10p per minute. Quote reference J9J. Specify whether you would like to book a single, double or twin room. If you want to share and already have a partner, make sure the hotel know to book you the whole room. If you dont have a partner dont worry the hotel will allocate rooms. You will be asked to provide credit card details but no money will be taken from your account at this stage. Please note that if you cancel the room later you will incur charges according to the cancellation policy which we have negotiated with the hotel, which is that if you cancel one week or less before the event youll be charged the full amount. Cancelling earlier than that will incur no charges. You will be responsible for settling all accommodation costs directly with the hotel at the end of the Conference.
b.You can also book online by going to www.holidayinn.co.uk and entering the same code.
Step 2. Book your place at Conference.
This is to ensure your place at the Conference itself. Go to www.paypal.com and then to Send money Contact Cath at explore-italian-culture.com Make a payment of £30. Please note that this money is not refundable. Should you cancel, it will be needed to cover Conference costs already incurred.The balance, covering the remainder of the Conference fees, will become due two weeks before the Conference a reminder about this will be posted at that time.
Step 3. Register.
Go to www.sbi-conferences.com/sbi-conference-edinburgh.html and fill in the registration form at the bottom of that page. This enables us to keep tracks on whos attending, and also asks about your own level of experience so that we can tailor the Conference agenda to meet the needs of all delegates.
Step 4 Look forward to it!Information about the agenda content and speakers will be made available on the Conference thread in the Forums and on the SBI Conference website. The core team will be e-mailing all delegates once registered.
Theme - "The Winner Takes it All"Grow and succeed with your online business - not just a Web site. Walking Through the CTPM Process -
- Content - "The Name of the Game" - getting the basics right including keywords.
- Traffic - "Take a Chance on Me" - (ie building traffic, link building)
- Pre-selling - "Knowing Me, Knowing You" - get to know your customers.
- Monetization - "Money, Money, Money" - lots of practical ways on how to monetise your site.
Cincinnati SBI! Conference
Edinburgh SBI! Conference
SBI! Conference Testimonies
SBI! San Diego
Each and every presenter added a new layer of information as well as their own unique spin. We were treated to live demonstrations of how they are accomplishing the tasks that we all need to take for success with our own web businesses.
SBI! ChicagoAshley at Python Printable Games
No matter what level you're at, you will come away from an SBI conference with something more than you expected to as you arrived. Looking down the list of topics before I went, I thought, "Okay, there's one I could miss" -- and yet, I'm so glad I did not skip a single topic, because it humbled me to realize how much each and every person had to teach me, even about topics that I thought I knew inside-out.
SBI! DallasGale at Coton-De-Tulear-Care
Like many SBIers, I have a day job and a busy life and make excuses for putting off some of the critical to success tasks like link building. This will never get me to my goals. The conference re-energized me and helped me remember why I am doing this. I am an E-business owner and I am in control of whether this business will be a success.
© SBI! Conferences - LLC